The incumbent in this job is expected to help the school achieve its vision. A focus on the wider community, an attitude of service towards the school and others, and a willingness to assist as needed are expectations of all employees.
This role has a direct reporting line to the Head of CCE. The role holder plans and organizes CCE training offerings; ensures that goals and objectives for the CCE training offerings are accomplished within assigned area; recruits and coordinates with instructors; works with wider community to determine training needs and appropriate delivery method; may also be asked to teach courses within the assigned area, as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists immediate supervisor in planning, implementing and administering goals and objectives of the assigned area.
- Recruits, interviews, recommends trainers/instructors/staff and provides orientation for assigned area; monitors and evaluates trainer/instructor/staff performance; ensures payment of trainers/staff/instructors.
- Prepares documentation for the origination of classes; schedules dates, rooms and trainers/instructors; proofs class schedule for accuracy; ensures financial viability of programs.
- Initiates the marketing of assigned program areas; recruits students; works with supervisor and prepares marketing materials and literature for distribution to potential students; makes presentations to schools, organizations and agencies; handles inquiries about CCE programs and manages student registration.
- Provides administrative assistance to immediate supervisor; develops prepares and presents recommendations and reports; coordinates activities with other program areas; ensures payment of student fees; keeps financial records of revenue and spending.
- May teach courses within the assigned area; demonstrates high degree of skill in teaching.
- Advises students on a variety of academic and administrative matters; assesses students in training needs for program/area; suggests alternate courses of action.
- Reviews need for equipment, supplies and instructional materials and recommends purchase; supervises facilities, if assigned for proper use, safety, security and maintenance.
- Ensures program accreditation, certification and licensure; represents the program and school at meetings of professional organizations; liaises with DSEJ.
- Experience in coordinating projects or events.
- Excellent written and oral skills in Cantonese/Mandarin, and English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular the ability to build relationships with those working within the School and other external agencies connected to the school.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks at the same time, and to prioritize tasks/activities effectively, along with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Organized and systematic in approaching the various aspects of the work.
- Teaching experience.
- Familiarity with overseeing financial procedures, such as creating budgets, keeping track of expenses, writing financial reports.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to solve standard, predictable problems in accordance with procedures and precedent.
- Ability to suggest ways of improving working practices and use of resources.
- Excellent team player and leader
- Customer and service oriented
- Proactive and creative approach
- Resilience to work pressure
- Adaptable and open to change to meet the changing needs of the programs
- Dependable, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to deal with confidential matters expeditiously and act with discretion